Lab Systems Administrator supports major implementations of enterprise-wide deployments of Sample Manager Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) applications and related technology. This position is responsible for the management of all aspects of LIMS projects involving the analysis, design, configuration, integration and maintenance of LIMS systems and interfaces with other corporate enterprise systems (ECM, ELN, CDS, QAD, MasterControl). The LIMS Administrator is an internal customer-interfacing position which requires a unique combination of computer systems knowledge and understanding of laboratory operations, specifically requirements of FDA/EPA regulated environments.
The Lab Systems Administrator is a key team member in developing additional software applications for laboratory management, compliance, and data integrity. The Administrator will collaborate and be an interface between the companies’ Quality / Analytical Labs and IT to design & develop software solutions for QA/QC operations.
• Provide quality, timely and accurate LIMS analysis, design, configuration and support; including daily technical support to LIMS users.
• Configure all specifications, analyses, calculations and other system infrastructure, and executes validation test scripts.
• Integrates LIMS with external systems using application tools and custom programming of additional functionality as required.
• Develop view, standard queries, custom reports and dashboards based on requirements.
• Conducts functional testing of client configurations/customizations.
• Creates and maintains LIMS system documentation including Admin and User Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), functional specifications/user roles and training materials.
• Provide LIMS training to end users.
• Provide guidance and direction to junior LIMS analysts
• Bachelor’s degree in a Life Sciences discipline, Computer Science, Information Systems, Chemistry, Engineering or related technical field. Master’s preferred.
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing, with a background in QC, preferably analytical chemistry.
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience in laboratory informatics or laboratory automation work in a support/IT role.
• LIMS Integration experience with external systems required.
• Advanced programming skills (C#/.NET) required.
• SQL database experience required, including ability to write SQL queries and stored procedures.
• Experience with Sample Manager VGL, object oriented coding highly desired.
• Experience in report development using tools such as SampleManager Report Designer, Infomaker, or Crystal Reports required.
• Experience in management of information systems, including development of best practices for windows environments required.
• Experience in regulated (GxP/environmental) laboratory environments highly preferred.
• Effective time management through balancing multiple project responsibilities, ad-hoc customer requests and project-related activities and support.
• Detail oriented and strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.