USDM Life Sciences is a leading global regulatory compliance and technology firm with 20 years of experience offering bold solutions that accelerate innovation, compliance, and performance in life sciences. We are currently seeking a Senior IT Project Manager for our customer based in South San Francisco, California. This temp role has the possibility of full time hire.
The Senior IT Project Manager will be responsible for providing right-sized project management in support of delivery of programs and projects for the Development Science Group within Pharma Informatics (IT). The Sr. Project Manager will lead cross-functional project team(s) in partnership with the Business Lead(s), vendors and other cross-functional IT partners to achieve project goals while managing project scope, timeline and costs. This candidate will be proactive and detail-oriented with strong leadership skills, excellent problem solving and written/verbal communication skills. The Sr. Project Manager is expected to deliver outstanding customer service, provide technical and application support knowledge and ensure timely and effective communications to all levels of stakeholders including business sponsorship.
In addition to strong PM skills, the right candidate will support program/portfolio management responsibilities as required. As a Program Manager, this position will work with the business teams and the broader IT organization, to participate in strategic discussions and and any discussions related to the technology roadmap upon request.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Project Stakeholder / Communication Management - Create collaborative partnerships, with customers, vendors and other gRED teams to achieve project objectives. Ensure project objectives/requirements are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders.
- Project Delivery - Plan, baseline, and control costs to ensure projects are delivered on time, within approved budget and with the expected benefits defined at project entry.
- Project Risk, Assumption, Issue and Dependency (RAID) Management - Assess potential impacts with the project team. Formulate risk mitigation strategies, recommend solutions, actively managing and integrating with any dependent projects or activities.
- Project Planning, Tracking, Control & Reporting - Track progress against baseline schedule through controlled and documented change management. Provide accurate and timely project status reports. Escalate to sponsors, stakeholders, functional managers, and/or senior management, as appropriate to keep projects on track, in scope, and on budget.
- Team Building & Leadership - Organize and supervise the appropriate involvement of project resources and actively managing and addressing the resolution of conflicts within the project team.
- Compliance – Directly accountable for ensuring compliance with project management, portfolio management and CSV policies, guidelines, process tools and reporting standards of the portfolio.
- Forecasting and Budgeting- Provide monthly forecasts for projects and programs. Participate in annual budgeting activities as required.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of experience as a successful Information Technology Project Manager using structured project management processes
- Bachelor's degree in CS, MIS, Life Sciences, Business; or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of SDLCs including Agile methodologies
- Proven ability to obtain results in a matrix environment
- Track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
- Well versed in vendor management and can look for new opportunities to optimize our vendor contracts and relationships
- Ability to see the interrelationship of a project across "the big picture" and understand its dependency on other projects in the program as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Exceptional listening, problem solving, negotiation, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
- Understand Drug Development Early Stage/or Research (high-level) business processes
- Basic understanding of SEND (Standard for Exchange Nonclinical Data)
- Hands-on experience in managing data warehouse and/or data repository project that involves scientific/research data; project completed in R&D (Research and Development) setting
- Experience managing and leading other project manager and team members preferred
- Roche PMM methodology and/or PMI/PMP Certification