We are looking for an individual who wants to take ownership and lead the evolution in our SharePoint systems. In addition to becoming the thought leader and implementation expert in one of these areas, we will need you to provide technical support for our existing SharePoint systems. If you have ever wanted to take complete ownership of a technology or application and make a real impact in your customer’s day to day life, this is it. As a member of our high performing IT organization, this position will contribute to and support the company’s mission to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
• Identifies, evaluates, pilots, implements, and maintains complex application systems and third-party application environments. This includes installation, upgrades and patches, tuning, creating links and interfaces between systems, configuring application-specific security, performance monitoring and troubleshooting. Tests, maintains, and monitors system processes using in-house and third-party tools. Work must be coordinated with system owners and IT staff to ensure integration between systems.
• Performs problem analysis to resolve system or application issues. Performs complex diagnosis of problems, providing solutions within area of responsibility, and/or through partnering with others in the IT department and/or vendor provided support. Coordinates implementation of fixes and enhancements. Provides backup for other analysts as required. Responds to critical issues during off hours when necessary.
• Responsible for planning and executing application support work and or changes in response to planned changes in infrastructure and vendor application support. Reconciles vendor driven enhancements with user requested improvements to determine appropriate level of vendor vs. in-house work necessary to meet user needs. Manages application life cycles by using key needs and upgrade timelines to recommend and schedule projects.
• Develops and manages internal procedures, tools, and documents to provide a high level of application integrity and availability and to ensure timely, effective support. This includes writing scope documents, managing source code, and developing technical support standards and procedures.
• Designs, writes, and maintains system documentation, including but not limited to: requirements and designed specifications, test plans and test scripts, requirement traceability matrixes, etc.
• May develop project plans, organizes and leads project teams, monitors progress, and evaluates effectiveness on smaller projects.
• Maintains on-going relationships with vendors. Conducts product evaluations, participates in vendor selection, negotiates price and support options, and fosters vendor partnerships.
• Stays current with technological developments in software development, systems and application support, as well as management and user support practices. This includes reading publications, participating in mail lists and on-line communities, attending conferences and workshops.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline is required. Equivalent experience may be accepted. A minimum of 8 years’ industry work experience is required.
Additional qualifications include:
• Demonstrated experience selecting, implementing and supporting SharePoint, and K2 Workflows.
• Demonstrated experience assessing end-user issues and requirements demonstrating the ability to resolve and integrate solutions quickly and efficiently.
• Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining detailed system documentation and test scripts.
• Experience working in a GMP pharmaceutical manufacturing environment or other regulated environment is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present ideas in a clear succinct manner, both verbally and in writing are required.
• Must be able to adhere to the Company's naming, analysis, design, and implementation policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated knowledge of systems analysis and have the ability to understand and evaluate organization wide impacts of application changes is required.
• Knowledge and experience with systems development lifecycle and data modeling is required.
• Must be able to demonstrate an ability to work independently and efficiently on several tasks at once.